- This event has passed.
Fall 2020 Student Symposium
November 19, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 5:00 pm on day Fifth of the month, repeating until October 29, 2020
An event every 2 months that begins at 5:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until November 19, 2020
Join us for the VABA Online Student Symposium!
REGISTER FOR EACH SESSION SEPARATELY BELOW!
- Connect with fellow students of behavior analysis and other members of VABA
- Learn study and organizational skills you can use in your student and professional life
- Explore career options for behavior analysts
- Make your voice heard in your local professional organization
- Three different educational opportunities
- Free for VABA Members (become a member here)
- Presentations will be recorded for future viewing by members (but the networking portion is only live)
October 29th (5-6:30 PM EST)
Time Management Techniques
Presenter: Siri Ming, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Personal Kanban (PK; Benson & Barry, 2011) is an ACT-consistent management system focusing on facilitating continuous improvement. The Mindful Action Plan (The MAP; Moran, 2014) blends Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with performance management to guide you on your journey towards what matters most. In this talk, Dr. Siri Ming will show you how to take your to-do lists and turn them into values-based Kanban boards, utilizing the MAP in a purposeful reflective process while creating an optimal workflow for getting the right things done—rather than just trying to get more things done.
November 19th (5-6:30 PM EST)
Careers in Behavior Analysis
September 24th (5-6:30 PM EST):
Burn Out & Self-Care
Presenter: B. Scott Larson-McGuire, BCBA, LBA
VABA Student Representative
The video of this event can be found in our Member Area