- This event has passed.
Protecting Your Company Receivables and Successfully Responding to Audits, Recoupment, and Fraud Allegations
February 25 @ 9:00 am - February 26 @ 4:00 pm$65
This is an IN-PERSON event in two locations (choose one):
Friday, 2/25 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – 1911 N Fort Myer Dr, Suite 102, Arlington VA 22209 (parking charge extra) – SOLD OUT
Saturday, 2/26 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – 803 Diligence Dr, Newport News, VA 23606
Registration is limited so act fast!
Click here for our COVID safety requirements
Limited availability – first come, first served
Lunch and 6 CEUs (some ethics) are included
Cost is $65 (member)/$100 (non member)
To become a member, click here.
Spend an insight-filled day with ABA attorneys and billing specialists as they guide you through the murky world of how to protect your company from unpaid insurance claims, audits and recoupments, or worse, allegations of fraud asserted by commercial payers, Virginia Medicaid, and Tricare. We all know that the function of the behavior of insurance companies is to make money for their shareholders, which is not always compatible with paying providers for work performed. We also know that providers sometimes are subject to erroneously denied claims, audits that cause recoupments, and fraud allegation that do not hold water.
So how do you not get caught in the middle?
National ABA attorneys Jodi Bouer and Kim Mack Rosenberg of Bouer Law LLC (see bio) and Virginia attorney Richard Gilman of Day Law Group (see bio), will join forces with ABA billing specialists Sarah Schmitz and Amber Broadway of Comprehensive Billing Consultants, a Virginia-based specialist in billing, credentialing, consulting & auditing services for autism providers. This team will help you understand typical ABA documentation and billing requirements and provide detailed advice on how to respond and protect your company when audits, recoupments, and fraud allegations roll in. Christy Evanko, VirginiaABA’s Administrative Director, will join to discuss how the new 2022 Ethics Code further informs the issues addressed in this seminar. The morning session will focus on strategies applicable to all payer types, with the afternoon session focused on helping Virginia Medicaid providers successfully navigate the Medicaid appeal process. The presenters will also address Tricare in the afternoon to the extent additional concerns arise in the morning session.
Don’t miss this event, sponsored by VirginiaABA that could help save your business!
Following the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Identify ways to ensure claims are properly documented, billed, and allowed
2. Identify your ethical responsibilities under the BACB new ethics codes with respect to documentation and billing
3. Identify strategies and develop a plan (contractual, legal, and strategic) to prepare your company to adequately respond to audits, recoupments, and fraud allegations, whether asserted by commercial payers, Virginia Medicaid, or other government funders such as Tricare
4. Identify and successfully utilize the appeal process, legal and other strategies to use when claims are recouped or fraud is asserted by commercial payers, Virginia Medicaid and Tricare
5. Identify and institute compliance procedures and internal auditing to avoid audits, recoupment sand fraud charges, from the authorization to discharge