|Position:||Board Certified Behavior Analyst|
ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH BEHAVIOR
Breakthrough Behavior provides applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy and psychological testing services to children with autism and related disabilities, specializing in school, clinic, home and community-based care. Founded in 2015, Breakthrough Behavior’s mission is to provide meaningful outcomes to individuals with developmental disabilities. The organization serves communities in Florida, California, Virginia and Maryland. Behavior is a proud Behavior Health Center of Excellence (BHCOE) accredited provider and a Council of Autism Service Providers (CASP) member. For more information, visit www.BreakthroughBehavior.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The BCBA/BCaBA observes and interacts with the client as well as gather information from caregivers. The consultant will provide recommendations as to treatment, including but not limited to, hours of services per week, skills to target, and best environment for services to take place.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Conduct FBAs and develop BIPs (to include collaboration with other service providers such as SLPs, OTs, etc. as applicable)
– Update plans and goals/targets as necessary and on the specific schedule provided by client’s insurance plan
– Train behavior technician to appropriately and successfully apply the principles of behavior through application of positive behavior intervention techniques
– Provide family training when necessary
– Provide direct supervision/clinical observation for each behavior technician and client they work with directly
– Maintain supervision notes and documentation in client files that meet the insurance provider guidelines and company policies
– Provide ongoing training in behavior change techniques as needed to behavior technicians
– The clinical supervisor must be easily accessible (either in person or by phone) for any concerns or consultations during sessions
– Provide positive and negative feedback during supervision to behavior technicians as necessary to ensure the BIP is carried out with integrity
– Communicate directly with behavior technicians and client’s family to schedule and/or cancel supervision visits and caregiver meetings in accordance with insurance requirements and company policies
– Maintain compliance with the BACB’s task list, including all ethical guidelines
– Maintain a professional relationship with behavior technicians, clients, and family members at all times
– Maintain session notes
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
– Board Certified Behavior Analyst/Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst
– State licensure when applicable
– At least 3 years’ experience working with children with autism or other developmental disabilities
– CPR and BLS Certifications/Re-certifications
– Pass Federal, State and County background check
BENEFITS & PERKS
– We offer a full suite of group health benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ADD, STD and 401(k). Additionally, we offer PTO and 13 paid holidays.
– Sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, student loan reimbursement, and mileage reimbursement.