The Behavior Consultant provides a range of applied behavior analytic (ABA) consultation to staff, teachers, and caretakers. The Behavior Consultant conducts behavioral evaluations of clients and designs behavior support plans for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This position is a consultant position and does not require supervision of RBTs or other direct care staff.
Job includes performance based pay, health benefits, retirement, and paid vacation time.
• Conducts functional behavior assessments according to format recommended by Senior Behavior Consultant
• Develops individualized goals and objectives for clients on caseload
• Designs behavior support plans informed by functional behavior assessment
• Ensures appropriate behavioral data systems are implemented such that quantifiable behavioral data is collected at regular intervals to allow for the continual evaluation of behavior support plans and the achievement of individual goals and objectives
• Trains staff, teachers, and caretakers on the proper implementation of educational and clinical behavior programs and plans, data collection systems and all necessary monitoring and reporting systems
• Meets regularly with Senior Behavior Consultant (and/or Founding Consultant) for supervision and clinical meetings
• Notifies Senior Behavior Consultant immediately of issues impacting client’s progress and satisfaction
• Completes all necessary documentation in a timely and satisfactory manner as requested by the Senior Behavior Consultant and Founding Consultant
• Manages schedule by coordinating appointments directly with staff, teachers, and/or caretakers of clients on caseload
• Maintains billable caseload and documents billable hours according to Principled Behavior Consultants policy and state and federal regulation