The New Y-CAPP has positions open in Richmond and Tidewater
Applied Behavioral Analyst (ABA) – Richmond & Tidewater regions
The ABA Therapist is responsible for providing direct clinical services to the ABA Behavioral Therapy program serving children and adolescents under the age of 21 by enhancing communication skills and decreasing maladaptive patterns of behavior which if left untreated could lead to more complex problems and more restrictive level of care. ABA Therapists will also be responsible for providing direct supervision to a small caseload of Behavior Technicians to include BCaBAs, as well as BCBA/BCaBA and RBT candidates
Duties and Responsibilities of Applied Behavior Analyst (ABA)
- Provides direct clinical services to individuals who have been diagnosed with autism, developmental delay or a language or sensory disorder.
- Manages/oversees clinical processes of Direct Service Staff ensuring job responsibilities, deadlines, and expectations are tracked and met.
- Conducts initial and periodic service specific provider assessments. Complete face to face reassessments with participants for treatment review as needed.
- Develops initial and comprehensive ISPs, Assessments and Treatment Plan Summaries.
- Conducts family training activities to improve participant’s adaptive skills in the home and community.
- Provides documentation and analysis of quantifiable behavioral data related to participants’ treatment objectives.
- Remains on call 24 hours/ day, 7 days/ week to respond to crisis situations.
- Provides direct behavioral modification services and consultation to direct services staff and other professionals.
- Provides assistive technology related services (such as instruction or training on use of assistive technology or development of communication methods and materials related to the functional use of assistive communication and assistive technology devices).
- Provides direct clinical supervision, delegation activities, training and support to direct service staff.
- Provides clinical supervision for RBT certification for staff.
- Collaborates with colleagues, other Licensed Professionals and Physicians to formulate most current DSM diagnostic impression and to provide approval for treatment. Participates in staffing of cases as needed.
- Assist in the development and oversight of clinically sound/individualized treatment plans and monitor that the treatment plan is being implemented during routine care.
- Complete and/or review authorizations for service as deemed necessary based on approval periods or denials using sound clinical documentation and abiding by all agency, MCO, and licensure standards.
- Facilitate care coordination with other treatment providers as needed.
- Provide caseload coverage as needed.
Skills and Knowledge of Applied Behavior Analyst (ABA)
- Vast knowledge of mental health disorders, their symptoms, treatment and social implications in relation to participant and family.
- Knowledge of/ability to teach counseling techniques.
- Ability to evaluate psychological problems.
- Ability to provide therapeutic counseling.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Skilled in providing effective customer service.
- Skilled in managing time effectively and maintaining work load.
Educations and Specifications of Applied Behavior Analyst (ABA)
Applicant must have at a minimum a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Behavioral Analysis, or related field as approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. Applicant must be a Licensed Behavioral Analyst (LBA) approved by the Board of Medicine, in the state of Virginia and have experience with supervising other professionals. Applicant must also have a minimum of one year experience providing direct services to children and/or adolescents with a mental health diagnosis. Preference given to applicants who are approved Clinical Supervisors to employees who are pursuing supervision for BCBA, BCaBA Certifications. Applicant must also have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation Supervisory experience preferred.
Contact: Nicole Jordan-Jones (email@example.com)